|Born:||August 2, 1991||Draft:||2009 Thrashers, 4th Overall|
|Hometown:||Vancouver, BC, CAN||Position:||LW|
|National Team:||Canada||Current Team:||Edmonton Oilers|
Evander Frank Kane (born August 2, 1991) is a Canadian professional ice hockey left winger for the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL). Kane was selected fourth overall in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Atlanta Thrashers.
During his major junior career, Kane won the Memorial Cup with the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League (WHL) in 2007, finished as runner-up for the Jim Piggott Memorial Trophy as WHL rookie of the year in 2008 and was named to the WHL West First All-Star Team in 2009. Kane also set the Giants’ franchise record for single-season goals in 2008–09.
Internationally, Kane has won gold medals with Team Canada at the 2008 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament and 2009 World Junior Championships. He has also competed in the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014 IIHF World Championships.
Evander Kane Statistics
- Evander Kane Signing Checks Multiple Boxes for Oilers Roster
- Kane Excited to Join Oilers, But Is Negative Narrative Already Written?
- Evander Kane: Asset or Liability for the Sharks?
- Sharks’ Winger Depth Still Needs Some Work
- WHL Champion — 2005-06
- CHL Memorial Cup Champion — 2006-07
- CHL Top Prospects Game — 2008-09
- U20 WJC Gold Medal — 2008-09
- WHL (West) First All-Star Team — 2008-09
- NHL Most Penalized Player (153) — 2018-19
- NHL Most Penalized Player (122) — 2019-20